The Lies of Locke Lamora  - Scott Lynch

The Lies of Locke Lamora was an interesting reading experience to say the least. At the start, I wasn’t really all that into the book. Camorr, while it held a certain amount of horrifying charm, wasn’t the setting that I typically enjoy. With so much of the beginning of the book focused around developing the city, I really only kept reading because I liked the characters. They intrigued me. I really wanted to see just what sort of trouble Locke and the rest of the Gentleman Bastards would get themselves into. And even though I shouldn’t have been rooting for the little Bastards, I was. Little did I know that the Gentleman Bastards wouldn’t just steal from unsuspecting nobles, they’d also effectively steal my heart.

With most books, I can tell when I shift from indifference to actually liking what I’m reading. But this book was different. Somewhere along the way, something happened. It was a gradual build up, a slowly boiling pot of emotion and when it all finally came spilling over, I realized I loved this book. Every last bit of its brutal, cringe worthy, shark infested, foul language ridden pages will forever have a place in my heart and I won't soon forget it.