Of Book Covers and Changes

I try not to post too much personal stuff on here and I also try not to mention my work-in-progress of a novel too often. First and foremost, I'm a reader. There are places for marketing and this isn't it for me. I do really love this community though. You are all a really supportive bunch so I like to share a bit of what goes on in my life from time to time, progress with the novel included.

Life has been quite the prickly pear lately. There are a lot of changes that have happened the past couple weeks and a lot more to come. I'm pretty equal parts happy, sad and overwhelmingly excited for what's to come.

Things with the novel have been flying right along and I'm still stupidly excited about getting it done and sharing it with everyone. All the hours I spent as a kid fiddling around in Photoshop finally paid off and I managed to save myself a pretty penny and designed my own cover. I'm pretty happy with it and just couldn't help but share it with you all! What do you all think?

Aside from finishing up my novel, I've been wrapping my head around the fact that I'll be moving back to Texas in April! I've lived there twice in my life but both times it ended up not working out and I moved back to Oregon. But this time, this time it is happening and I'll be there for more than a year, damn it! I've banned myself from leaving until I have gotten the full experience of living in a new place. I'm a very different person from the last time I lived there, so I think this time I'm going to have a lot more fun as I'm more willing to go adventure without feeling like I'm going to die at every turn.

I'll have to re-learn this whole pump your own gas jig you guys do in other states. I'm going to be that poor soul that sits in my car for ten minutes waiting for someone to come do it for me. I'll also have to get this y'all thing down. And change my customary greeting to howdy. If I can't do those three things I'm pretty sure nobody will hire me.

As for reading, I'm currently working my way through A Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson and I'm actually really liking it. It's not something I'd normally read but her writing style is delightful and unlike the last book I read, I actually like the main character! I'll have a review for that coming up soon!

Side note: Is anyone else excited about the fact that fall is right around the corner? And that there will be pumpkin? PUMPKIN EVERYTHING!!!!! OMG!!!!!

Other side note: Anyone else already planning Halloween stuff? :D If so, what are you dressing up as? I'm being Poison Ivy this year and am slowly getting all the stuff together. It's going to be so fun!